You Can Make A Real Difference At Eliza Jennings
Volunteers are an essential part of Eliza Jennings Network. Volunteers of all ages make a positive difference in our resident's lives every single day. Whether through conversation or a day full of fun and activity, our volunteers make an impact that's truly worth remembering. Volunteer opportunities throughout our network include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship: Friendly visitor to provide conversation, take a stroll through the community, share a meal, offer reading assistance, and enjoy one another's company.
- Activities: Help the activities staff during music, arts and crafts, host a coffee hour, play card games, participate in or lead baking club, paint nails, enjoy crafts, tag along on walking club, and more!
- Discussion Group Leader: Lead a group of residents on topics of special interest, current events, news topics, or lead a book club.
- Pet Therapy: Visit our residents with your certified therapy dog! Dogs must be up-to-date on required vaccinations.
- Children Activities: Schools are encouraged to visit with our residents to interact during reading activities, crafts, and provide conversation.
- Musical Guest: Facilitate a sing-a-long or perform a concert for our residents.
- Office Assistant: Provide clerical support to various departments; help with word processing, data entry, photocopying and filing.
- Transporter: Help our residents to move around the community to the dining room, activities, and therapy.
- Maintenance/Landscaping: If you have an interest in home improvement, volunteer your time to complete light handy work, maintenance, and landscaping projects.
- Hospice: Enhance the quality of life for patients through providing compassionate support for patients and their families.
CLICK HERE to complete the fillable online Volunteer application. We will contact you to discuss your interests further.
Human Resources Requirements for Volunteers:
- Two-Step TB test (if volunteering more than 10 hours per month)
- Background check
- Policies and Procedures review
All steps will be provided complimentary of Eliza Jennings and coordinated by the volunteer coordinator.
FOR QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT: